Bolton Abbey ~ you can buy Picnics at the Abbey (see below) To book see Bolton Abbey Website. www.boltonabbey.com
In 2011 we took the decision to create all of our sandwiches in-house, and now, all every single one is freshly made by hand each morning. Where possible, we use only local ingredients, and the bread is the softest we’ve ever tasted! After careful testing, we have decided on the following selection of delicious fillings:
- Egg & Cress
- Three Cheese: Mature Cheddar, Emmental and Red Leicester with mayo and spring onion
- Tuna Crunch
- Ham Salad with wholegrain mustard
- Crayfish and Rocket with cracked black pepper and lemon mayo (ADD 50p)
- Tandoori chicken (ADD 50P)
From just £5 per person, you can order a picnic online and pick it up and pay when you arrive.
To reduce the risk of delays, your picnic must be ordered before 3pm on the day prior to your visit.
Cavendish Pavilion Picnic Platter:
You can order a picnic platter for between one and eight people, and every person in your party will receive:
- A hand-made sandwich from the selection above
- Thirsty Planet still or sparkling water, can of Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite or Fanta
- A bag of Yorkshire crisps
- Total Value: Between £6.45 and £7.20
- You pay just: £5.00 (or £5.50 for Crayfish and Rocket or Tandoori Chicken sandwiches)
- Saving: up to £1.70
Castle Green Hotel.
We have stopped there once before and had afternoon tea on the sun terrace, it was very good. see www.castlegreen.co.uk for more details.